|We take toy safety seriously and design, build and test all our wooden toys to European safety standards so they can carry the CE mark.|
Designing safe wooden toys means things like:
- Designing rounded profiles, and sanding edges soft.
- No small round holes that little fingers can get stuck in
- Gaps – for example between wheels and bodies – are filled with washers to avoid pinching
- Finishes are chosen not only to be safe if consumed, but also to bond with the wood and avoid chipping or flaking
And we test every different design to ensure it remains safe through the kind of play life it will have:
- Small parts test ensures no part of the toy can be a choke hazard.
- Soak test simulates toys being chewed and sucked for prolonged periods – without any parts or finish falling off.
- Torque test makes sure wheels can’t be twisted off …
- … and tension test checks the toy can’t be pulled apart.
- Drop test simulates the rough and tumble of typical play …
- …and impact test takes it to the next level by checking the toy can withstand being hit with a heavy object.
We check that every material we use in the toy is safe. That means that all wood is new and untreated, and every glue, paint and sealant is safe if consumed.
But how we make safe wooden toys doesn’t stop with design and testing; we document the design and construction process to ensure all future toys are made the same way, to the same standard.
Examples of toys we make that way …
Wooden Toy Lorry in Classic Yellow£13.99
Gift Wrap Service£3.00
Wooden Toy BatCar£9.99
Natural Wood Toy Car – Pine£9.49
Wooden Toy Car in Classic Blue£9.99
Wooden Toy Pickup Truck – Bright Colours£9.99
Natural Wood Toy ’32 Hot Rod – Pine£9.49
Wooden Toy Car in Bright Red£9.99
Wooden Toy Bus in Classic Blue£9.99